Saturday, November 19, 2011

Can I claim compensation or sue Kia for selling me faulty products?

I recently bought a new body panel from a company who sell Genuine Kia parts. I had the panel sprayed and then went to fit it today. To my horror the part I bought from this company has a piece missing where it connects to the chassis. Who is to blame for this? Kia or the company I bought it from? What compensation am I entitled to?|||At this point, the only compensation you are entitled to is a correctly manufactured part, if in fact the one you received was defective. It is quite possible that the missing piece you mention is actually a separate part. Above that, there isn't much else you would be owed. As aggravating as it may be, being inconvenienced and upset does not a lawsuit make.|||You're entitled to a new part. What more could you want?|||Depends what the piece is. Was it missing from the panel you bought? Was it YOUR fault that you just thought that pieces to connect them come with the new one as well? I put on a rear bumper panel, and yeah you have to put in stuff to hold it to the body. Those pieces don't come with the replacement. You take them off from the the old one and use them again when you put the new one on. So the first key question is what part is missing. Now if you are saying the part was MADE wrong then you still don't sue Kia. You complain to the person you bought the part from, and if you had to sue anyone it would be them first and the manufacturer of the part next. Kia didn't likely make the part, they contract that out. My guess is either you don't understand how manufacturing works, or you think you can get a big pay day. Most likely you would just get the part replaced. Depending on the part that's missing you really should have checked it out when you picked up the part.|||No you canot sue KIA, you did not buy the part from KIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment