Saturday, November 19, 2011

Could a 2002 Kia sportage haul a loaded 6x10 box trailer round trip 2000 miles?

I'm looking for a new vehicle and found a 2002 Kia Sportage. I need to go from florida to indiana and back to empty out a storage unit. My dad has a box trailer that's 6x10 and I was wondering if this suv would haul it. Also any other info on the vehicle would be helpful.|||Does the Sportage have a V6 or I4 engine, if not a V6 then forget it. You will need to install a hidden hitch or have u-haul install a hitch (about $200-$250) with brake light connection. I don't think even with the V6 that a Sportage will tow more then 2000 pounds, that trailer probably weighs 1000 pounds alone, so you may need a bigger vehicle. You might just want to rent a pickup from Enterprise or Avis as I don't think the Sportage will hold up under the strain you intend to inflict on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment