Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How to change the rotors on a 2004 Kia Spectra?

I know how to change rotors on a vehicle but I am working on a 2004 Kia Spectra and I cannot get the rotor to budge at all...I have tried penetrating oil and hitting the edges to loosen it up but nothing seems to work. is there another bolt or something that I need to unscrew before I take it off?|||I'm not to up on the vehicle,but,the rotor is held on by only 3 different ways.One,wheel bearings,in which you remove the dust cover and remove the nut.Two,held on only by bolted on wheel lug nuts.Three,one or sometimes 2 screws/bolts are screwed into the hub to hold the rotor on.There is no reason a rotor would be stuck!This phillips head or allen head screw should be right along side with the lug bolts line!Now I am assuming you have the caliper off and gently resting so the rubber line does not get broken!?If in the center of the rotor has a cover on it,then you have wheel bearings and you must remove the cover and remove the nut that should be no more than a little tighter than finger tight! Thank you and Good Luck!

ps.More info will help me help you.Please let me know how you make out with it.|||There may be a threaded bolt that you screw into the rotor or drum to help release it. You need a repair manual for your make year model http://www.haynes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment