Saturday, November 12, 2011

How can I lock the door to my 2006 Kia Spectra when it keeps popping unlocked?

Help!!! I can't lock any of the doors to my 2006 Kia Spectra. Every time I lock a door (either manually or with the fob), it pops back into the unlocked position. Can anyone explain this? What can I do?|||sounds to me there is a malfunction with the security system, if it has one that is. the only way your going to fix that, or find out what else it could be is to take it to a repair shop, because it dosent sound like anything like a fuse or something wrong with the key lock, so they will have to trace down what is going on , and that takes alot of know how and alot of time, its not alot of work, its just time consuming, if it isnt very important to you ,then i wouldn't take it anywhere because it will probably cost a pretty penny, but im sure you would like to lock your doors, so just take and drop it off and let them figure it out, it could be alot of different things.|||has this started to happen only recently - I ask because a small area of a tiny village all experienced similar problems with their vehciles either locking, unlocking or 'dying' on them. The fault turned out to be a new installation in the area sending out radio waves which were jamming all the car lock fobs.





Another thing to consider - how close to the car are you when locking? My car started to unlock itself and I was stumped as to why. I found that if I stood at the back of my car and locked, it would lock, but 5 minutes later, the locks would bounce back open. The easy way to explain is that within the key fobn and the engine are tumbnlers which rotate to throw up a radio signal to lock your car. Each time you press your fob, these tumblers rotate, hit a matching code and lock. However, if you are too far from your car, the tumblers match, so your car locks, then for reasons not quite known, they un-lock.





In short, my problem was fixed by my having to press my key fob up against the driver glass each time I lock and unlock. Yes, I look quite weird but it works!|||try holding the handle up after you lock and shut the door .. should stay locked





*could be your fob malfunctioning .. every time you hit lock it unlocks .. try taking it apart an cleaning it could spilled soda or something causing buttons to stick and put new battery in it..|||Some cars have a safety feature that wont allow you to lock the doors if the car is running.


Are you trying it running or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment