Saturday, November 19, 2011

One of my Oxygen sensors is out in my 2004 Kia Rio. How will it affect the car if I keep on driving it?

One of my Oxygen sensors is out in my 2004 Kia Rio. I don't have the money to fix it right now. The mechanic has to order the part from the manufacturer and said it costs $233. I was wondering if it would hurt to drive the car until I can save up the money to get it fixed?|||I would get a second price or go to the parts store and change it your self before you damage your catalytic converter and add to your financial problems.|||That depends on which O2 sensor it is.


If it's the one that is upstream of the catalytic converter, it will definitely have an effect on your MPG. Forget buying one from the 'stealer', go down to Autozone or something and get a universal-fit type O2 sensor. Or you could buy a Chevy or Ford one with the same # of wires, and splice that puppy in there, provided you know which wire is sensor ground, sensor signal, and O2 heater power %26amp; ground.


If it's the one behind the cat, don't even worry about it, as it is just a money grabbing 'light thrower' , and it's only purpose in life is to monitor the cat, and has absolutely no effect on air-fuel ratio, or engine performance. G/L!|||over time with a bad O2 sensor you'll eventually erode away the catalytic converter. you'll have a strong gas smell coming out of the tailpipe, the annoying engine light will be on.


and you'll get bad mileage, and also the engine will idle rough, and the engine can even stall out on you. BUT, you still should be able to drive the car without any safety issues.|||it will use gas and fowl out the plugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment