Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why will the immobiliser on kia sportage not turn off?

Please help me! My friend has given me a kia sportage, I can open it but the immobilser on the key fob is not working anymore so the car won't start. Does anyone know what is wrong and how much it is going to be to fix it? They think it is a big job which is why they didn't want to do it and gave it to me. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help|||Without the year of the vehicle I would say that you could have one of five things wrong with it.........





1. The alarm module is bad.





2. The (ECM) needs to be reprogrammed.





3. The door pin or pins are bad.





4. The remote is bad.





5. The door lock is bad.





Have someone scan the vehicles computer so that you can pinpoint the problem and as for the repair cost, it will be expensive because its an import vehicle and everything on imports will cost double the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment