Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I fix my gear box in my Kia Sephia?

My automatic shift stick on my gear box in my 2001 Kia Sephia will not shift unless there is something (screwdriver) inserted in a little hole to the right of the stick. It seems to be a common problem as the manual told me to insert a screwdriver. How do I fix this problem?|||You have a 10 year, 100,000 mile power train warranty from Kia. Why not go to the dealer and use it?|||Two possibilities.





There is a switch on the brake pedal that unlocks the gearshift when the pedal is pressed. Check to see if your brake lights are working. That is a clue.





The other possibility is the solenoid (magnetic switch) in the center console below the gear shifter. If it is working you should hear a click when the car is on and you press the brake pedal.





This condition will also occur if you battery is completely dead.|||Not too sure you said it was an automatic transmission right? But are having problems placing it in to drive, reverse ect? It sounds more like a gadget problem if your having to place something in a hole. Maybe it could be the locking device that prevents you from accidental knocking it into drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment