Saturday, November 12, 2011

Do you guys think that buying a used kia is good for a college student?

I am unsure of the performance of Kia , specially when they are 6-7 years old. Do you guys think it would give me problems or would run smoothly? Could you please compare it to used honda civic, because I am a little familiar with Honda. Thanks guys.|||Kia is on the low end of the reliability spectrum. They aren't as well built as some of it's competitors.





But you can probably get into a Kia much cheaper than a Toyota or Honda. The payoff to the low price will be higher repair bills. However any 6-7 year old car is going to need maintained. A 7 yr old Toyota will still need brakes and tires and belts and hoses and water pumps, just like any older car. No car is maintenance free. Total cost of ownership might come out even.





As a short term investment a good used Kia is probably a smart financial move.|||Kias are junk. My dad worked at a car dealership where he went to Kia training to be their specialized salesperson and he still tells people not to buy them.





My friend had a Kia Rio 2 or 3 years ago and hit a raccoon - it demolished half her front bumper. As in... half the bumper was GONE!





I would go for a Honda every time, especially a Civic. I've never heard anything but good things from Honda owners, and they run forever.|||kia is a long way up from where it used to be , most of their vehicles can go head to head with honda and toyota on longevity, performance and style . if kept up to date with maintanence it will give you the same dependability as a honda|||I don't think any Kia is good for anybody.|||I have heard nothing but bad things about Kia. Some people I know have had to replace major things like transmissions within a year of purchase (new). I don't know if its true but a car dealer once told me that some insurance companies won't cover a Kia. get a honda or toyota (or anything else)|||I would get a 10 yr old Honda before a Kia, any Kia. They have gotten better, heck, they tend to outperform most Ford, GM and Chrysler products in car tests. Kias were made on the cheap, and chances are the car has not had all the maintenance it should. I would stick with what you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment